Dr. Malone’s practice at Prairie Ridge Health Rheumatology Clinic in Columbus, WI, encompasses all areas of Rheumatology. He has decades of experience diagnosing and treating all of the conditions that fall under the category of “General Rheumatology,” which includes the following areas:
- Autoimmune illness of all types, such as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Sarcoidosis, to name a few.
- Osteoarthritis, which is the “wear and tear” arthritis of older age groups.
- Fibromyalgia-not really a rheumatic disease, but Dr. Malone will evaluate patients with this diagnosis on a one-time basis to confirm the diagnosis and rule out other conditions, but he does not manage fibromyalgia long term.
- Gout and other types of arthritis caused by crystal deposition in the joints.
- Tendinitis, bursitis, trigger fingers, carpal tunnel and other entrapments of nerves that cause pain.
- Osteoporosis, or loss of calcium from bone.
However, Rheumatology is much more…and includes such important areas as arriving at the proper diagnosis of the cause of pain in any musculoskeletal part, advice on medications, prevention of disease complications, procedures designed to minimize pain in inflamed joints and tendons. Dr. Malone also is an expert in a new and exciting area of rheumatology, often referred to as “regenerative therapy.” He uses innovative technology inpatients of all ages, providing effective carpal tunnel treatment in the hands, wrists, and fingers. In short, this extremely powerful, low-risk area of therapy accelerates the healing of minor sports injuries that have been causing trouble for a long time but which have not been identified by other doctors, and which will not heal on their own. Cortisone injections generally do NOT cure these types of problems, and such injections only ameliorate the symptoms for a few weeks. Unfortunately, the symptoms usually return as severe as they were originally.
Please see Regenerative Therapy page.
To contact us, call or complete our contact form.